Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My happiest memory, Martín Monsalve

 Martín Monsalve S.

When I was 10 years old, my happiest memory was when my father took us to the sea for the first time.
My father used to have a farm in Momil, Córdoba. He had cows and some horses.
The farm didn´t have electric energy, so we didn’t have TV and radio.
The funniest experience was to ride the horses and played with the little cows.
But in general was very boring.

The food was the same all time: rice, fried banana and meat. Sometimes my brother and I got out of the farm, and rode 15 minutes to a little store and bought Kola Roman with sweet roll, that was a delicious experience.

At two times we found very dangerous snakes. We also got to see eagles and other kinds of birds.

The trip was worth it because our father took us to the sea. The farm was just outside Coveñas, approximately an hour-long car ride. My father used to drive a Suzuki, model 1982.  He used to drive my brothers and me to the beach once a week. In the beach we could do all sorts of things. We could play with the sand, even built sand castles; we could also play with other kids. Sometimes we even played soccer on the beach. The best thing to do was swimming. My brothers and I used to swim for hours. We had competitions against each other; I would always win.

When we were in Coveñas, my father invited us for pizza.
We loved pizza, especially Hawaiian pizza. I ate about 5 slices.
One time my tummy hurt too much. We also drank a lot of Kola Roman, I used to drink two or three Kola Roman. This soda was only sold in Coveñas, we couldn’t drink it in Medellin, and so we took every chance we had to drink as much as we wanted.

At the afternoon, we drove back to the farm, tired from the swimming. At night we always dreamt about the sea and we couldn’t way to go back. We waited eagerly for the weekend to come so we could be at the beach again.

No comments:

Post a Comment