Sunday, August 24, 2014

MY MEMORIES BY ANGELA POSADA

When I was a child, I enjoyed little things. My favorite food was pasta with tomato sauce, potatoes, sausage and egg, but my mom always fought with me. Because, I didn´t eat any different things, and my father, however, was not that strict about food and allowed me to make my own choice. He only looked my mom.
My father and I used to watch Baywatch together every Sunday. And every evening, we used to watch the news or some other program on Channel One or Channel A.

I never had siblings. I lived most of my childhood in Monteria, very far from my family.  I remember that, I used to travel to Medellin only on Christmas. I would stay there for a month, but I hardly ever stayed with my parents.
I lived all my life with my grandmother; she was the most beautiful grandmother in the world.  She used to comb my hair before school, she made it curly and I enjoyed every time that I spend with her.
As I have always loved pets, my grandmother chose a name for my first dog. His name was throsky.  I thought that the dog´s name was funny, but I don´t know why she chose this name.

I used to play to cook with my mom or with my grandma every day, but now I don´t like to cook. I remember that my mom used to buy me a new Barbie almost every month, and that my uncle gave me some Barbie, a small Barbie house or some other accessories for my Barbie; He did this every year for Christmas when he visited my family. I remember that I had a big collection of Barbie and they were my favorite toys.

My father and I have always been very close. I love playing with him and my mother always argued with us because, I´m a lady and I ought not to play as a child, but we never paid attention to what she said and that was worse. And in some cases I ended up crying and my mom saying me, “I told you.” My father smile and my mother hugged me; after that my father felt guilty and he gave me something and said me “forgive me my love.” And that was the end; we were starting to play again.  All those things happen once a week, more or less.


I really enjoyed my childhood God gave me excellent parents, I also had the wonderful opportunity to live with my grandmother and to feel all her love.

No comments:

Post a Comment